Friday, November 2, 2012

What a send off!

This past weekend was an amazing reminder of all the wonderful people in my life. My parents drove all the way up from Houston to help me put all my stuff in storage. (its a strange feeling that all my worldly possessions fit in a 5X10 storage unit...) Justin and Michael sacrificed their time and arms to help move all the heavy stuff! Paradox, my church, showed their love and support by commissioning me off with an amazing prayer (see pics below!). My friends Katie and Laura threw me a fabulous send off party where I got to see so many wonderful faces! Thank you all for the amazing send off.  It actually made it harder to leave though since I was reminded how many wonderful people I would be missing! You should all just come visit Uganda :)

Well, I have at least made it out of the country! I'm sitting here in the Qatar airport 24 hours into traveling and only 12 more to go. Woo hoo! I have met up with the other nurse Dayna, who will be starting at Good Shepherd's Fold with me. Its so nice to have someone to do this all with!

It is finally feeling real as I sit here in a foreign country knowing that in 12 hours I will finally be in Uganda. I am so excited to meet all the people I have had contact with and have heard so much about!  I am nervous about what to expect and I wonder if I have forgotten anything... However I am remembering my purpose for all of this: to serve God! I am excited for this opportunity, even though sometimes I'm not sure what I'm doing haha I'm sure that will just add to the adventure though :)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” 
Joshua 1:9 



1 comment: